Transalpina – Transfagarasan tour(4-5 days, aprox. 900 Km)
Transalpina road (148 Km length, 2,145m highest point) and Transfagarasan mountain-pass (90 Km length, 2,042m highest point) are generally considered to be the most challenging Romanian mountain routes. Take our BMW rental motorcycle across their peaks and you will have the most exciting Romanian riding adventure.
You will be rewarded with a thrilling riding, unbelievably beautiful scenery, amazingly steep roads, plenty of serpentines. You will love it!
In fact, despite the length and challenging riding, some of our clients love it so much that they ride Transfagarasan mountain-pass twice in a day.
- Day 1: departure from Bucharest via Curtea de Arges where you stop for lunch and visit at the monastery, then Transfagarasan mountain-pass to Sibiu riding. Arriving in Sibiu you will get to your accommodation and then have dinner and club night out. Accommodation for the night is included.
- Day 2: Sibiu city tour that include visit to Brukenthal National Musem, Astra museum complex, the Lutheran cathedral and the Coopers’ Tower, specific Transylvanian food restaurants, club night out. Accommodation for the night is included.
- Day 3: departure from Sibiu, continues through the beautiful scenery of the Apuseni mountains. Alba Iulia city tour and visit the Alba Carolina Citadel and Saint Michael’s Cathedral. Accommodation for the night is included.
- Day 4: departure from Alba Iulia via Transalpina (148 Km and 2,145m highest point) to Cozia monastery on the Olt river. Accommodation for the night is included.
- Day 5: departure from Cozia monastery via Pitesti (lunch stop) back to Bucharest.